former group home employee arraigned on rape
County District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced that a 14 count indictment
was unsealed today against Anthony
· three counts of Criminal Sexual Act in the First Degree, Class “B” Violent Felonies,
· two counts of Rape in the First Degree, Class “B” Violent Felonies,
· four counts of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree, Class “D” Felonies,
· two counts of Rape in the Third Degree, Class “E” Felonies,
· three counts of Criminal Sexual Act in the Third Degree, Class “E” Felonies.
defendant was employed as a driver and resident counselor at the Ossining
House, a residential group home for disabled adults in
October 22nd and
The victim told one of her attendant’s what happened, and an investigation began by the Westchester County Police assisted by the Sex Crimes Bureau of the District Attorney’s Office.
arrested by the Westchester County Police Warrant Squad on
Bail was set at $75,000 cash or bond.
His next court appearance is July 3, 2012.
The defendant faces a maximum sentence of 25 years in state prison on each of the top counts of the indictment.
Assistant District Attorney Michelle Lopez, Deputy Chief of the Sex Crimes Bureau, is prosecuting the case.
In compliance with Disciplinary Rule 7-107A of the Code of
Professional Responsibility, you are advised that a charge is
merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed
innocent until and unless proven guilty.