FORMER BOYFRIEND OF THE ASPIRING
ARRAIGNED IN MURDER
Fourth defendant charged in the case
County District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced that Patrick Smith DOB (
· two counts of Murder in the Second Degree, class “A-1” Felonies,
· one count of Kidnapping in the First Degree, a class “A” Felony,
· one count of Robbery in the Second Degree, a class “C” Felony,
· one count of Unlawful Imprisonment, a class “E” Felony,
· one count of Grand Larceny in the Fourth Degree, a class “E” Felony
· one count of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property, a class “A” Misdemeanor.
Smith is charged as acting in concert with three accomplices, Jessica Ryan French (DOB 08/22/87) of 2703 10th Street SW, Lehigh Acres, Florida, Charles Blanchard (DOB 12/17/90) of 32 Moses Avenue, Hill, New Hampshire, and Travis Morin (DOB 10/15/87) of 6 Jones Hill Road, Danbury, New Hampshire aiding and abetting each other causing the death of Epifanio Medina whose body was discovered in the Town of North Salem on June 12, 2011
York State Police commenced an extensive, wide ranging investigation and on
learned that deceased had been reported missing by family members on
expanded their investigation both down to
Smith was arrested by New York State Police investigators in April, 2012.
court appearance will be on
He faces a maximum of twenty five years to life state prison.
Assistant District Attorney Nadine Nagler of the Career Criminal Bureau is prosecuting the case.
In compliance with Disciplinary Rule 7-107A of the Code of
Professional Responsibility, you are advised that a charge is
merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed
innocent until and unless proven guilty.